Live The Adventure


have questions?

Can't find what you're looking for?

Fill out the form below and we'll do our best to help!

    How much do I owe for taxes/utilities?

    We do not give out tax and utility information over the phone. You may come to the Municipal Hall and ask in person or contact us in writing via E-mail: or by Fax: 250/949-7433

    What is the Seniors discount for utilities?

    25% off the regular quarterly billing only and when paid by the due date.

    Can I use my VISA to pay my property taxes and utilities?

    No, Property taxes and utilities may not be paid with a credit card. Payment options include:

    • By postdated cheque (your cheque must be received by the deadline date to avoid a penalty)
    • In person at Municipal Hall, 7360 Columbia Street, with cash, cheque or debit card
    • Through your financial institution’s online or telephone banking service
    When is Garbage/Recycling Collection on my Street?

    Garbage collection schedule.  Garbage/recycling collection is contracted to Fox’s Disposal, for further information contact Fox’s at 250/949-6306.

    Does Port Hardy have watering regulations?

    Yes. Stage 1 is in effect in each year from May 1st to September 30th with restrictions by even /odd address and time of day.

    Does Port Hardy have open burning restrictions?

    Yes. Burn Permits are required and have specifications regarding size, location and prohibited materials. All Provincial fire bans effective within the Coastal Fire Centre apply within the District of Port Hardy boundaries.

    What is the phone number for 7 Mile Landfill?

    The phone number for 7 Mile Landfill is 250 949 1681

    I need information on BC Ferries

    The Ferry Schedule, as well as accommodations and transportation to and from the BC Ferry terminal at Bear Cove.


    Contact Visitor Information at.

    Toll Free: 1-866-427-3901

    Phone: 250-949-7622
    Fax: 250-949-6653




    How do I book the pavilion at Storey’s Beach or at Bear Cove?

    Contact the Port Hardy Recreation Department at 250/949-6686 to book the pavilion.

    Where do Coal Harbour, Quatsino, Winter Harbour or Holberg residents pay taxes?

    Residents of these communities pay taxes or mail their taxes to Service BC, 8785 Gray Street, Bag 11000, Port Hardy, BC V0N 2P0. The local telephone for the Service BC office in Port Hardy is 250/949-6323 or Fax: 250/949-6153 or contact the Surveyor of Taxes at the address or phone number provided on your rural tax notice.

    How do I contact my Member of the Provincial Legislative Assembly (MLA)?

    Claire Trevena, MLA (North Island)
    Room 7, Robert Scott School
    6855 Market St  Box 2479
    Port Hardy V0N 2P0
    HOURS: Tuesday & Thursday 9:30AM – 1:30PM
    Phone: 250-949-9473 or 1 866 387-5100
    Fax: 250-949-9403


    How do I contact my local Member of Parliament (MP)?

    Rachael Blaney 
    Member of Parliament for North Island-Powell River (NDP).
    Deputy Critic of Infrastructure and Communities & Critic of Multiculturalism



    Campbell River Office
    908 Island Highway
    Toll free: 1 (800) 667-8404 (BC Only)


    Ottawa Office
    House of Commons
    Ottawa, Ontario
    K1A 0A6
    Telephone: 613-992-2503
    Fax: 613-996-3306


    Mail may be sent postage-free to any Member of Parliament.

    Is there a Marriage Commissioner in Port Hardy?

    Marriage Commissioners

    Patricia Corbett-Labatt

    Home: 250-949-6488              Cell: 250-230-6488



    Alison Flannigan

    Home: 250-949-3090              Cell:  No